- All contributing members of teams must be either students (High School and College/University) OR 22 years of age or younger
- Teams can consist of any number of students
- Game must be completely developed during the time-frame of the competition (March 14th - April 14th 2013)
- Game must be submitted before April 14th at 11:59:59 PM CST to be eligible
- Game must be built using HTML5 (game must run in a browser without any plugins)
- The developer (your team) is allowed to use any HTML5 game engine, including, but not limited to: ImpactJS, Phaser, Construct 2, GameMaker, MelonJS, LimeJS, etc...
- Game must be submitted to the Clay.io Marketplace and Firefox Marketplace
- The developer (your team) retains all rights to the game created
1st place: $2,500 USD, 1 Year of GitHub's Medium Plan for each team member (up to 5)
2nd place: $1,500 USD, 1 Year of GitHub's Medium Plan for each team member (up to 5)
3rd place: $1,000 USD, 1 Year of GitHub's Medium Plan for each team member (up to 5)
4th place: 1 Nexus 7
5th place: 1 Nexus 7
Judging will take place the two weeks (14 days) following the competition deadline (April 14th through April 28th). The winner will be announced on April 28th.
Judging will be based on three categories:
- Number of Views: The number of views (plays) your game receives in the two week period following submission will account for 1/3 of the overall ranking. Games will be ranked from most-played to least-played.
- User Ratings: Submitted games will be open for user ratings. Users can rate your game from 1 to 5 stars. Games will be ranked from highest rated to lowest rated - accounting for 1/3 of overall ranking.
- Celebrity Judges: Submitted games will be judged by the Clay.io team, and our "celebrity" judges (veterans from the gaming industry). Games will be ranked and will account for 1/3 of the overall ranking.
SponsorsOur amazing sponsors are: Mozilla, GitHub, ImpactJS, and Spil Games
Terms and Conditions1. The promoter is: Clay.io LLC.
2. Employees of Clay.io or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via http://clay.io/gotgame
5. Closing date for entry will be April 5th, 2013. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
6. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
7. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter's control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
8. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
9. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
10. The winner will be notified by email within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
11. The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected.
12. The promoter's decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
14. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by US law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the United States of America
15. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current US data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant's prior consent.
16. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
17. Winners in the United States will be required to return an executed IRS W-9 form within the deadline specified in the prize claim instructions, or forfeit the prize.